Blood Bikes Manchester is a charity setup in Greater Manchester that transports Blood, Plasma, Platelets, Samples, Vaccines, Donor Breast Milk (DBM) & any other urgently required medical items to hospitals and healthcare sites- at night, daytime weekends* and bank holidays. This service is provided completely free of charge by our amazing volunteers who all offer their time for no pay or reward, allowing the NHS to divert funds where they are needed most. Working alongside a network of other blood bike charities covering a large proportion of the country.
All working from home, with no expensive office or unit to pay for, the donations we receive really do pay to provide our service. We have no paid staff and even our volunteers don’t claim any form of expenses, why, because #itswhatwedo
Blood Bikes Manchester is proud to adopt the high standards required of us as a member of the
This includes standards on:
- Advanced riding qualifications and responsible riding
- Clothing to meet safety standards for riding and to present a professional image.
- Adhering to standards for safe transport of medical supplies
- Defined procedures and processes to ensure accountability, safe operation and professionalism.
Blood Bikes Manchester is a Registered Charity with the Charity Commission
(Registration Number: 1145329)
- (no title)
- Great Manchester Run 10k 2019
- Denton gets ready to Rock n Roll
- We are Officially Live
- Coffee Morning
- Maverick Customs
- Charity of the year 2019 for The Theatre Dance Workshop, Denton.
- Hyde Park House Donate to Blood Bikes
- The Great North West Truck Show
- Van’s Ready For action
- Blood Bikes Manchester reach 7 years old.
- Tony Sloan’s Reindeer’s raise a staggering £730
- ‘Mirror Mirror in the lift’
- Our Christmas Present
- Salford Royal Transfusion and Haematology thank Blood Bikes
- Christmas Raffle – Live Draw
- Christmas Rota, Fundraising and Raffle
- Thank you
- Christmas and New Year
- Nick’s birthday fundraiser
- SDS Ashton-Under-Lyne
- Hoist Finance £1000 Donation
- Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas
- Need new shoes
Coming 1st July 2020 – Blood Bikes Radio